Arrange your security deposit and property insurance online

Get off on the right foot in your new rented home

Arrange your security deposit and property insurance online

Get off on the right foot in your new rented home

Arrange the security deposit online

You can deposit the amount right away or on a date of your choice.

Online procedure for all

You don't have to be with KBC Brussels to arrange your security deposit or property insurance with us.

Entirely digital

You can easily arrange everything on your phone, tablet or computer.

What exactly is a security deposit?

Security deposit savings account

A security deposit protects the owner from costs should a tenant damage the property and/or not pay the rent as agreed.

The security deposit is not a legal requirement. However, most property owners want one and therefore have a clause to that effect included in the rental contract. It is often the case that the owner will only let you have access to your rented accommodation after you've arranged the security deposit.

Take out a security deposit loan

If you're having trouble advancing your security deposit, then, for rented homes in the Flemish Region, you may be able to take out an interest-free security deposit loan with the Vlaams Woningfonds (Flemish Housing Fund).

Note that if you do so, you won’t be able to arrange your security deposit online. The reason for this is that when you apply for a security deposit loan, you need to provide documentary evidence that you have opened a security deposit account in your name, which you can only obtain from your KBC branch.

Why take out property insurance as a tenant?

  • Property insurance covers your liability as a tenant, meaning you won't have to bear the cost of repairing any accidental damage caused, for instance, by fire, water or storm. Tenants are always legally liable for such incidents, unless they can prove otherwise.
  • It provides protection in the event of damage to your home contents, such as furniture, clothing, computer or TV. Suppose you arrive home one day only to find your house flooded because you forgot to turn off one of the taps before leaving. In this case, we will cover both the damaged home contents and your liability for water damage caused to the home.
  • Your liability for material damage caused to others is also covered. For instance, if a fire in your rented property spreads to a neighbouring house, we will cover your liability for the material damage incurred by your neighbours.

Often the landlord requires you to take out property insurance by means of a clause in the rental contract.


Was this page useful to you? Yes No

KBC uses cookies to make your online experience easier and to fit your needs and preferences. By browsing the KBC site, you agree to the use of these cookies. Learn more and see how to decline cookies?Click here.