Protect you and your family against scams and fraud
- Extensive coverage against loss of money from your account due to scams and fraud
- Compensation for financial loss due to identity theft
- Psychological support after reputation damage has been suffered (up to five two-hour sessions)
Why take out KBC CyberSecure Insurance?
What is KBC CyberSecure Insurance?
Your KBC CyberSecure Insurance covers:
- Financial loss due to scams, fraud or identity theft (from 100 euros to 25 000 euros per claim and per calendar year). That maximum figure applies per calendar year and for all insured accounts combined. The deductible equals 10% of the amount paid out.
- Psychological support after reputation damage has been suffered (up to five two-hour sessions).
Which accounts do you want to protect?
You protect one KBC Brussels current account against financial loss. The account you use to pay your contribution is also the account covered by the insurance.
All your family's accounts
Cybercrime is a constantly evolving threat that ranges from phishing fraud (via text message, e-mail, telephone or social media) to online order scams. However, regardless of how fraudsters operate, their aim is to take money from your account and/or to steal your personal data to, for instance, buy things in your name (identity fraud).
Having KBC CyberSecure Insurance protects your current accounts at KBC Brussels against loss of money due to fraud and scams. You are also covered for financial loss due to identity theft and for psychological support if you suffer reputation damage.
Your protection against financial loss applies to all KBC Brussels current accounts held by:
- The person taking out the insurance (the member)
- The cohabiting partner of the member
- The children of the member and/or the cohabiting partner, as long as they are under the age of 25 and are registered as being resident at the address of the legal parents
- The legally incompetent children or children with extended minority status of the member and/or cohabiting partner, even if they are over 25 years of age
Financial loss due to:
- Online orders, bookings or purchases from private individuals and purported retailers or service providers
- Deception perpetrated by supposed family members (such as ‘whaling’ via WhatsApp)
- Theft of personal data
- Phishing scams via text message, phone or social media
Financial loss due to:
- Friendship or dating scams
- Online investment scams
- Credit card fraud or scams
- Payments for counterfeit goods
Like to know more about KBC CyberSecure Insurance?
If you opened a KBC Brussels Plus Account after 31 January 2023, you’ll have received 15 Kate Coins. That will get you a 15 euros cashback when you sign up for KBC CyberSecure Insurance.
How does it work?
- You sign up for KBC CyberSecure Insurance in KBC Brussels Mobile or KBC Brussels Touch
- You don’t need to tell us about your Kate Coins during the process
- We’ll credit 15 euros to your paying account within two business days
Protection for one account
Your monthly contribution is 7 euros, comprising a contribution of 6.41 euros and a tax of 0.59 euros. The acquisition costs and administrative charges included in this figure are estimated at 1.44 euros and 0.41 euros, respectively.
Protection for all your family's accounts
Your monthly contribution is 12 euros, comprising a contribution of 10.98 euros and a tax of 1.02 euros. The acquisition costs and administrative charges included in this figure are estimated at 2.48 euros and 0.70 euros, respectively.
You book a holiday home in Italy online for the whole family, but when you arrive you discover that the property doesn’t exist and the scammer has run off with your money.
You see a heavily discounted 4K television for sale, which you hurriedly buy online (the payment comes straight off your account) but the TV is never delivered as the online shop turns out to be fake.
You receive an urgent e-mail from ‘your energy supplier’ reminding you to pay your bill using a link in the message. If you don’t pay, they’ll shut off your electricity power right away. You later find out that the e-mail wasn’t from your energy supplier at all, but from scammers who tricked you into making immediate payment before making off with your money.
You receive a message from an unfamiliar number. Apparently it’s been sent by a family member who says he’s lost his mobile phone but has an urgent payment to make and is asking you to pay for him. He promises to pay you back right away. After payment, however, you hear nothing more from him. The message didn’t come from a relative but from a fraudster.
The complete list of cover provided and exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
If you’ve had money taken from your account, had your personal data stolen or suffered reputation damage, report your claim to KBC Secure4u by calling 016 432 000 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When filing a claim by e-mail, do not include any sensitive information in it. Wait instead until KBC Brussels contacts you.
Good to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- KBC CyberSecure Insurance is a form of insurance that covers various types of financial loss and psychological support in the event of reputation damage. KBC Bank has taken out this insurance with KBC Insurance. Both parties have the option each year to end the contract. You are covered if you have signed up to it and paid the membership contribution.
- Account holders can take out or cancel KBC CyberSecure Insurance at any time by going through the digital process in KBC Brussels Mobile or KBC Brussels Touch.
- If you have a complaint about the conditions of cover, please contact your KBC Brussels Bank branch or KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Submit any complaints you may have by e-mail to email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 and/or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about KBC CyberSecure Insurance by visiting our website or talking to one of our experts. KBC CyberSecure Insurance is a product from KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium. VAT BE 0403.552.563, RLP Leuven, IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601, BIC KREDBEBB.
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC group