KBC Brussels keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC Brussels investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
The KBC Brussels Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- Federal Reserve World growth at slowest pace since 2009.
Oil price and inflation
- Price of oil could rise in the short term.
- Underlying inflation in the US remains around the 2% target;
still very low in Europe.
Central banks and bond market
- Fed headed for a sharp U-turn; ECB deferring interest rate
- Trade disputes and Brexit remain key risks.
Stock markets and valuations
- Share prices remain attractive, but weaker fundamentals are a
- Bonds are very expensive, but normalisation
of interest rates (increase) put on ice.
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Shares slightly below their benchmark level.
trading in range: buy more on dips.
- Keep bumping up
positions when there is economic recovery, earnings growth and
clarity on risks.
Which preferences within the equity component?
- Preference for the US, with highest level of growth.
- High dividends as a solid basis.
- Water exhibiting long-term growth potential.
What about bonds and cash?
- Preference for cash over bonds.
- Safe government bonds as stabiliser.
- Seek returns by investing in high-yield bonds.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
KBC Brussels Invest
KBC Brussels Invest is
the ideal desktop or tablet app for keeping tabs on your assets and
It gives you an up-to-date and detailed view at all times of how much your investment portfolio is worth, how it is made up and how it is performing. It is also very user-friendly, easy to navigate and enhanced with clear graphs.
Never miss an event again that is of importance for your investment portfolio. We will alert you when new opportunities arise or when an investment reaches maturity.
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.