KBC Brussels keeps its finger on the pulse of the financial markets in order to build the best possible investment portfolio for you. The KBC Brussels investment strategy offers a concise overview of the current financial and economic climate and the resulting investment decisions.
How can you keep up to date?
Each month, a Dutch video is published that gives a clear view of the economic and financial markets. A specialist discusses any changes in strategy and goes through the investment decisions for the month in question.
The KBC Brussels Investment Strategy in brief
How do we see the world?
- Global growth slows down but remains solid.
- Growth in the euro area will resume in the second half of
Oil price and inflation
- Oil market in equilibrium in 2019 with relatively stable
- Underlying inflation in US around 2% target;
still low in the EU.
Central banks and bond market
- Interest-rate policy normalisation continues, but at slower
pace: US stays ahead.
- Trade disputes and Brexit are the key risks.
- Italy and emerging countries less worrying for the time being.
Stock markets and valuations
- Valuation and earnings growth support equities; bonds are very
What are we doing in the portfolios?
- Equities at their benchmark level.
positions to be increased only in the event of:
- recovery of the economy and earnings growth.
- clarity about risks.
Which preferences within the share component?
- The US is a favourite thanks to highest growth levels.
- High dividends as a solid basis.
- Water exhibiting long-term growth potential.
What about bonds and cash?
- We prefer cash to bonds.
- Safe government bonds as a stable factor.
- We look for returns by investing in high-yield bonds.
Strategie & Accenten e-zine (Strategy & Focus e-zine)
Looking to get regular updates of events on the stock markets? The 'Strategie & Accenten' e-zine explains the KBC Brussels Investment Strategy and provides personal finance tips. Be quick off the mark and check out this digital magazine on our website or the app (for your tablet), only available in French and Dutch.
Download the 'Strategie & Accenten' app
Focus and theme sheets
In search of promising investment opportunities or looking to place a certain emphasis in your investment portfolio? The focus areas below provide near-term investment opportunities and the themes identify opportunities for the longer term.
Our latest insights into various investment topics are given below. Use them to your benefit.
Jean and Ria are enjoying their retirement
Investing on behalf of your child
- Increase your savings by investing
- Build a nest egg as your child grows
- See what a KBC Brussels Investment Plan can do for your child