How to notify us of a death
It is important to let us know as soon as possible that one of our clients has died. When you notify us of the death, you will receive a first set of useful information and we will begin handling the deceased's banking and insurance affairs. A short time later, you will have a telephone meeting with an Estates employee, who will tell you what needs taken care of and when.
You can tell us of a death
- At any KBC Brussels branch, or at the KBC Brussels Insurance agency where the deceased was a client
We've got a branch near you
We cater for some three million satisfied clients each and every day through our network of more than 700 branches and 500 insurance agencies. Look for us in your area.
- Send us a copy of the death certificate so we can help you faster
- Get instant confirmation of receipt
- Receive full details soon after to arrange a meeting with us
- Not with us? Register with us as next of kin right after reporting the death so we can settle the estate for you as quickly and easily as possible
Regulate your succession with the use of a will
The law stipulates who your heirs are. However, you do have a certain freedom to regulate your succession with the use of a will.
At KBC Brussels, you have a whole team assisting you in winding up the banking and insurance affairs after the death of your loved one.