A savings account for a child
- A savings account opened in your name with a child as beneficiary
- Choose when the amount is transferred to the beneficiary
- Save at your own pace
Why open a KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account?
A KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account offers you flexibility in how you save for your own child or a child who’s close to your heart, such as a grandchild or godchild. You can set aside a larger amount in one go, add smaller amounts (from time to time) or save regularly by means of an automatic savings order. What's more, you choose when the money is released, which can either be on a set date or when the child in question acquires a home of their own.
Offered by KBC Bank NV Belgium, the KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account is a regulated savings account with a third-party beneficiary clause. It may be opened in the name of one or more individuals and is governed by Belgian law.
More about the KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account
Open or close the account digitally
You can quickly and easily open or close a KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account in KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile.
Control of your savings
Up to the day before the savings are released, you are free to decide at no cost whether to:
- withdraw the savings
- change the beneficiary
- change the date on which the funds are released
- change options for releasing the funds
KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account earnings
Base rate of interest
Interest rates are gross and annualised and can change at any time. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC Brussels branch. If rates change, we will inform account holders of this on their statements of account.
KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account features
- Save on tax
Individuals are exempt from withholding tax (currently 15%) on the first 980 euros of interest earned each year (2023 figure).
- Free savings account
There are no charges for opening and managing the account. Receiving printed account statements by post costs you 2.50 euros a month if they are sent monthly or 25 euros a month if sent daily.
- Access your money at any time
KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account is an open-ended product. The funds on your savings account can be withdrawn at any time and without charge. The third-party beneficiary contract linked to this account is for a fixed term: you have full say as to when the money can be released to the beneficiary.
- Insolvency risk: a maximum of 100,000 euros of your aggregate deposits with KBC Bank are guaranteed per person, subject to certain conditions. In the event of KBC Brussels’s insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100,000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure from your KBC Brussels branch or from www.kbcbrussels.be/depositprotection.
- Inflation risk: this savings account also has an inflation risk, as sustained price increases can result in the amount deposited losing value.
Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers.
Submit any complaints you may have by e-mail to email@example.com, by telephone on 016 43 25 94 and/or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers document.
You can submit any complaints you may have to email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org.