- Save for your child's future
- Choose how much and how often you want to save
- Open it easily online
What is our kids account?
When you ask us for a kids account, you open a KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account – even before baby is born. It lets you start saving for your unborn baby’s future today. You choose how much money you save and from what age the savings will be available to your child.
Other family members and friends may also like to contribute, so you might want to put the account number on your birth announcement card. That makes it easier for anyone wanting to transfer you money as a gift for your new bundle of joy.
Why go for a kids account?
1. Ideal as a gift account on your birth announcement card
If it isn’t your first child, chances are you’ll have trouble filling a baby wish list. Our kids account is a good alternative. Include the account number on your birth announcement card so your family and friends can help get your child off to a flying start.
2. Choose how much and how often you want to save
Want to set aside a larger one-off amount? Prefer to save by standing order? Rather deposit some money every now and then, like at Christmas or on your child’s birthday? The choice is yours. Our kids account is a very flexible way to save, as you decide how much to save and when.
3. Open it easily online
Our Mobile and Touch apps make it easy to open a kids account in no time online:
- Log in to KBC Brussels Touch or %%product.mobilebanking%
- Hit ‘Savings accounts’ followed by the green plus sign under ‘Payments’
- Opt to save for your unborn baby
- Enter the required details like your baby’s due date
- Read the documents containing key information
- Sign to confirm your application online
- Register your child with us as soon as you can after they’re born (we’ll send you a reminder on the due date)
More about our kids account
Who can open one of our kids accounts?
Expecting parents can open this account for their unborn baby using our KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile app. Just open a new savings account and select ‘My unborn baby’ as the person you want to save for.
Haven’t chosen a name for your baby yet? No problem. You can still open a kids account – even if you’re not yet sure what to call your child. Alternatively, just open your KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account after baby is born.
There are two ways to release the savings:
- Set a date for your child to receive the money.
- Specify that your child only gets the funds when buying or building their own home Savings are automatically released on your child’s 30th birthday.
What happens after your baby is born?
The savings account stays in your name once your little bundle of joy arrives, but you can register your baby as a beneficiary.
Tip: save automatically by standing order and get a free Bumba bath cape. A little something for your little everything!
What are the KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account earnings?
|Base rate of interest||0,35%|
Interest rates are gross and annualised and can change at any time. Withholding tax is charged at 15%. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC Brussels branch. If rates change, we will inform account holders of this on their statements of account.
What are the KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account features?
- Saves on tax
Individuals are exempt from withholding tax (currently 15%) on the first 980 euros euros of interest earned each year (2023 figure).
- Free savings account
We won’t charge you for opening and managing the account for you. Sending printed account statements by post pays 2.50 Euros per month if sent monthly or 25.00 Euros per month if sent daily.
- Access your money any time
The KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account is an open-ended product. The funds on your savings account can be withdrawn at any time and without charge. The third-party beneficiary contract linked to this account is for a fixed term: you have full say as to when the money can be released to the beneficiary.
- Regulated savings account
The KBC Brussels Tall Oaks Savings Account is a regulated savings account offered by KBC Bank NV, Belgium. It is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Insolvency risk: a maximum of 100,000 euros of your aggregate deposits with KBC Bank are guaranteed per person, subject to certain conditions. In the event of KBC Brussels’s insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100,000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure from your KBC Brussels branch or from www.kbcbrussels.be/depositprotection.
- Inflation risk: this savings account also has an inflation risk, as sustained price increases can result in the amount deposited losing value.
Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers.
Submit any complaints you may have to email@example.com, tel. 016 43 25 94 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.