Getting behind the wheel of a new vehicle is something to look forward to. Perhaps you've already decided on your purchase, or you may still be making your mind up about the size of your vehicle or your car radio's touchscreen. All of these exciting choices come with a price tag, however.
If you would like to invest a little more in your vehicle without breaking the bank, a car loan might come in handy. Maybe you're keen on a more eco-friendly car, or you feel like hunting a bargain on the second-hand market. If so, you might be interested in a car loan for an electric vehicle or a second-hand car, which can help you spread the cost of your purchase over a longer period.
Unfortunately there are still many accidents on the road every day, both in Belgium and abroad. For that reason, make sure that you can get behind the wheel with peace of mind by getting your vehicle insured.
Third-party liability insurance
What is covered?
- Loss, damage or injury you cause with your vehicle to third parties, both material (e.g., exterior damage, damage to buildings, etc.) and physical (i.e. death or injuries).
- Injuries sustained by pedestrians, cyclists or passengers in traffic accidents in which your car is involved.
Even if you are not liable, you can claim on this insurance
What is not covered?
Some key exclusions are:
- damage to your own vehicle
- physical injuries sustained by the driver in a traffic accident
- damage caused during participation in competitions
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Good to know
The KBC Vehicle Insurance Passenger car may contain one or more of the following insurances: the Compulsory third-party liability insurance, the Legal Assistance Insurance, the Fully Comprehensive Insurance, the Partial Comprehensive Insurance, the KBC VAB Assistance, the Driver Accident Insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Insurance cover under this policy is valid for a term of one year and will be tacitly renewed, unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
Contact your Insurance Expert or visit our website to request a quotation for KBC Vehicle Insurance Passenger car for passenger cars.
KBC Vehicle Insurance Passenger car is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group