At KBC Brussels, we do our utmost to ensure that your online banking is as secure as possible
That includes enforcing a number of security measures that require you to:
- Bank online over a secure connection so you can securely exchange information with us
- Log in to so that we can verify your identify to allow you access to our online banking services and view your account and other details (so never divulge your credentials to anyone)
- Digitally sign payment orders to authorise them
- Stay within certain payment limits that restrict the amount you spend online every day
- Log in again after being automatically logged out of an online banking session after being idle for a fixed amount of time.
Mobile banking on rooted* or jailbroken devices** is not possible (for smartphones and
tablets). The manufacturer's default security features for such
devices are considerably weakened, which entails a
* Rooting is a way of bypassing the operating system security of an Android telephone or Android tablet. Rooting an Android device gives the user access to its system files, but this leaves the device more susceptible to viruses and malware.
** Jailbreaking is a way of bypassing the perating system security of an iPhone or iPad. Users jailbreak for a number of reasons, such as installing apps that are not approved by Apple, but this eaves the device more susceptible to viruses and malware.
Our security experts also work hard behind the scenes to:
- Track and continuously analyse cybercriminal activity to adapt and fine-tune our security measures
- Monitor potentially suspicious online activity on your accounts
- Detect suspicious payment instructions (such instructions are not processed immediately, as a number of additional checks need to be performed first and, depending on their outcome, the client may be called to find out whether the instructions are theirs)