Open a young person’s account
- Check your balance and make secure transfers with KBC Brussels Mobile
- Pay by contactless or withdraw cash using your debit card or phone
- Use KBC Brussels Mobile to buy bus and train tickets or rent a shared bike, whenever and wherever you want
Why go for a young person’s account?
Whether it's paying for a pizza delivery or buying a drink from a vending machine, there are times when you’ll want to have cash on you. Not something you want to have to pay extra for. With our KBC Brussels Plus Account for under-25s, you won’t have to.
It gives you lots of great free benefits compared to our KBC Brussels Basic Account
- Withdraw cash in Belgium and the rest of Europe at no extra charge
- Get a second debit card
- Use our K'Ching and KBC Brussels Mobile to do all your banking
- Personalise your debit card with one of your coolest photos
- Repay your friends conveniently with MobilePay
- Pay by Payconiq without needing your debit card in shops, restaurants and more
- Buy bus and train tickets easily when and where you want
Discover our young person's account
What exactly does a young person's account have to offer?
Two debit cards that let you
- Withdraw cash over the counter and from other banks’ ATMs
- Pay in almost any shop, filling station or restaurant and on virtually any website
- Transfer money to your own or others’ accounts
(with instant transfers to another KBC Brussels account)
Online and mobile banking
- Online banking on your PC, laptop or tablet with KBC Brussels Touch
- Mobile banking on your smartphone with KBC Brussels Mobile or K'Ching
MobileCash & MobilePay on your smartphone
- Withdraw money using MobileCash
(no need for your debit card, just the KBC Brussels Mobile or K'Ching app)
- Transfer money with MobilePay
(just scan a QR code using the KBC Brussels Mobile or K'Ching app on your phone and you’re done)
Our spending limits for young people aged between 10 and 17 differ from those applying to adults. If you’re under 18, your parents manage how much you can spend. Over-18s are subject to our standard KBC Brussels Debit Card limits, which you can easily change yourself using KBC Brussels Touch, KBC Brussels Mobile or K'Ching.
Standard limit for under-18s
- Daily limit for cash withdrawals: 120 euros
- Weekly limit for cash withdrawals: 900 euros
- Weekly limit for payments: 900 euros
Maximum limit for under-18s
- Daily limit for cash withdrawals: 500 euros
- Weekly limit for cash withdrawals: 5,000 euros
- Weekly limit for payments: 2,500 euros
Top value credit card
If you’re over 18 and already earning, you can opt for a young person's account that includes a credit card. Get yourself the whole package for a great special price. Interested? Compare all our cards.
Go temporarily overdrawn on your young person’s account if you need to and you’re over 18 with a KBC Brussels Budget Facility.
|KBC Brussels Prepaid Card||1 euro euros
|KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Silver Credit Card||
KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Gold Credit Card
KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Platinum Credit Card
Credit card for students: Mastercard prepaid card
As a student, you don't have a fixed income and are generally financially dependent on your parents. This means you are not eligible for a credit card, because you need a financial buffer to be able to defer payment for your purchases. And even if you have part-time work to earn some money on the side, you'll still usually be refused a credit card as a student. Fortunately, there is an alternative in the form of the prepaid card, which is just as convenient, safe and secure as a traditional credit card.
I've had a current account at KBC since turning thirteen. It's where my pocket money and any money I earn from holiday work are paid into. I'm also a big fan of KBC Mobile. It's great for fast checking my balance, for buying electronic parts online and for quickly buying a bus or train ticket. Recently, I linked my PayPal account to it – that's really handy!
Arne Van den Broeck, Heist-op-den-Berg
The KBC Brussels Plus Account is a free-of-charge current account for under-25s. You must be 18 or older to open the account for yourself.
Read the legal information