This type of insurance covers you for loss, damage and/or injuries when travelling. Suppose your luggage is stolen or you are admitted to hospital. Or you have to cancel your trip due to the death of a family member. With travel insurance you don’t need to worry about the financial consequences if anything happens to you.
Protect yourself while travelling with our travel assistance, cancellation cover, luggage cover or accident cover
You can take out your travel insurance right up until the day before you leave (except for cancellation cover).
Compile your own policy
You get to choose what cover you take out, based on your holiday plans.
Take out your travel insurance instantly online
Convinced by your simulation? Then quickly apply for your travel insurance, even if you do not yet have an account with us.
What does travel insurance entail?
For whom is travel insurance useful?
If you enjoy travelling or go on city breaks regularly, travel insurance gives you the protection you need. If you are travelling with family or friends, you can add up to 10 people to your policy, even if they don’t live with you.
Work and take out online at the bottom of this page
- Our handy simulator at the bottom of the screen lets you work out the price of your travel insurance in no time
- You can take out your insurance immediately online, even if you do not yet have an account with us
- And with us, you're not on your own when it comes to claiming. There's always a KBC Brussels Insurance agent in your neighbourhood who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online
Temporary or continuous travel insurance?
a. Temporary/short-term travel insurance: for one trip
If you only go on holiday once a year, you can take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip, subject to a maximum of 120 days.
b. Long-term travel insurance: for all your trips over a one-year period
If you take multiple trips over the course of a year, you’re best taking out travel insurance for the whole year. Long-term travel insurance covers all of your trips over a one-year period.
What does travel insurance cover?
Be sure to read what is and isn't covered.
Travel assistance cover
What is covered?
Personal assistance cover provides compensation for things like medical expenses you incur while travelling abroad
- Hospitalisation, repatriation, forced extended stays, transfer of family members, etc.
- Medical expenses abroad up to 500,000 euros per person
- Personal assistance cover is valid worldwide
- Complications occurring after the second trimester of pregnancy, and childbirth expenses
- Complications related to, or worsening of, an existing illness if you have not followed the treatment prescribed
- Participation in the paid or profitable practice of sports, including training
- Participation in extreme outdoor activities where the conditions or level of difficulty involved pose a potential danger to the insured person’s life (examples include base jumping, heli-skiing and wreck diving)
What is covered?
With cancellation cover, the fees you cannot recover or have
to incur if you have to cancel your trip unexpectedly or return home
prematurely are reimbursed.
The following events are valid reasons for cancelling your trip or returning home prematurely
- Health-related reasons, such as illness, an accident or death, etc.
- Work and study, such as examination resits, dismissal, etc.
- Government and travel formalities, such as a call for jury duty or a travel warning or travel alert issued by the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs after the trip was booked, etc.
- Missed aeroplane, boat or train: unexpected delay of the booked transport by at least 48 hours, etc.
- Cancellation cover is valid worldwide
- Events you were already aware of before you booked the trip or took out the insurance that mean that the cancellation is not unexpected
- Complications related to, or worsening of, an existing illness that can be regarded as a normal part of the illness, which were known when you booked the trip
What is covered?
If your mobile phone is damaged or your camera is stolen, luggage
cover provides compensation for any items stolen or damaged, or lost
by the transport company.
The following events whilst travelling are covered
- Theft involving violence, threats or a break-in from a vehicle, the place where you are staying or from your person
- Damage or destruction caused by a sudden and unexpected event, such as a collision
- Failure by the transport company to deliver your luggage or luggage it delivers damaged
- Damage caused solely by use
- Damage caused by cleaning, processing or repair
- Damage you cause intentionally
- Damage caused by the paid or profitable practice of sports, including training for such sports
Accidents while travelling
What is covered?
If you have you been the victim of an accident whilst travelling, travel accident cover provides compensation if you sustain permanent injuries or die.
- Accidents that occur as a result of participation in extreme outdoor activities, such as base jumping, heli-skiing or wreck diving
- Participation in paid or profitable sports, including training for such sports
Taking out travel disputes cover is only possible if you log in to KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile. Your trusted KBC Brussels branch, KBC Brussels Insurance agent or KBC Brussels Live will also be happy to help you.
What is covered?
Travel disputes cover provides you with legal assistance and
support while you are travelling, or in relation to the trip you
The following events are covered
- Disputes with tour operators, rental companies, repair companies and other service providers
- Problems involving police and government authorities outside Belgium
- Disputes between individual insured persons
- Travel for medical purposes and scheduled medical treatment outside Belgium and the potential resulting complications or additional treatment required in Belgium
Where does travel insurance apply?
If you are travelling to the US, Russia or Turkey, travel insurance will cover you. You can also take out cover for trips to long-haul destinations.
Good to know
- The insured persons must reside in Belgium and have their principal residence there
- You can take out personal assistance cover, luggage cover, extra-protection travel accident cover and travel disputes cover up to a day before your departure date
- Cancellation cover must be taken out at least one month before the departure date
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and tacitly renews unless terminated no later than three months before the policy renewal date
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If agreement cannot be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven: email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply) – Fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you are unable to reach a suitable resolution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service, who acts for the entire sector: de Meeûsplantsoen 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your right to take legal action
KBC Travel Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor
Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
A KBC Group company
For a concise description of the cover, the most important exclusions and other information, please refer to the product fact sheet.
- Product fact sheet KBC Travel Insurance (continuous travel insurance)
- General terms and conditions KBC Travel Insurance (continuous travel insurance)
- Insurance Information Document KBC Travel Insurance (continuous travel insurance)
- Product fact sheet KBC Holiday Insurance (temporary travel insurance)
- General terms and conditions KBC Holiday Insurance (temporary travel insurance)
- Insurance Information Document KBC Holiday Insurance (temporary travel insurance)