Any taxpayer under the age of 65 who wishes to get tax relief can invest in our Pricos Defensive pension savings fund to set aside money for their retirement. Whether you've just started working or have been for years, pension saving¹ is worthwhile.
Get tax benefits
Annual tax relief amounting to 30% on the amount you pay in.
Save monthly for your retirement
Start from as little as 10 euros per month.
Aim for long-term capital gains
Invest with currently more bonds than shares in your portfolio.
Who it's for
What is Pricos Defensive?
Pricos Defensive is a legally authorised mutual fund (pension savings fund) that aims to achieve long-term capital growth by investing in a mix of shares and bonds, with an emphasis on bonds at the moment. The assets of a pension savings fund must be allocated within certain legal limits. For instance, up to 75% of the assets may be invested in bonds, up to 75% in shares, while no more than 10% may be held in cash. Moreover, no more than 20% of its assets may be denominated in a currency other than the euro.
Each year you are sent a tax certificate specifying the amounts you deposited, which you can then enter on your tax return to claim tax relief.
The minimum term is 10 years. If you start when you turn 55 or older, you will have to wait 10 years to dip into your pension pot to enjoy the benefit of a favourable tax rate. You can always withdraw your savings earlier, but you'll be penalised with a tax rate of 33%.
Pricos Defensive is a pension savings fund that invests more in bonds than in shares. Doing so means that any capital you've accumulated is less sensitive to fluctuations on the stock market. However, there's no minimum guaranteed return and no capital protection. Of course, the tax relief you get on each deposit you make boosts your return.
Get the most from your pension savings
- Save automatically by standing order so you never forget to make a deposit and get the maximum tax relief every year.
- Index what you save for your pension to always get the maximum tax-deductible amount.
Terms, conditions and charges
- 2% entry charge (if you switch fully from another pension savings fund: 0%)².
- Amount to discourage sale within one month of purchase: 5% (maximum).
- Ongoing charges: 1.15%.
- No exit charges.
- No stock exchange tax.
- A one-off tax of 8% is charged when you turn 60, calculated on the total of your deposits and capitalised at a fixed rate of 4.75%.
More things you need to know
- Pricos Defensive is a legally authorised mutual fund (pension savings fund) under Belgian law and managed by KBC Asset Management NV.
- The fund may invest more than 35% of its assets in securities or money market instruments from Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands or France.
- Pricos Defensive has no maturity date and does not offer capital protection. Risk and reward indicator: 4 on a scale of 1 (low risk, potentially lower return) to 7 (high risk, potentially higher return). Moreover, an investment in this fund runs a moderate level of inflation risk: the bond component does not provide any protection against an increase in inflation.
- Read the Key Investor Information Document and the Prospectus before deciding to invest in this fund.
- If you have a complaint, you can send it to email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
¹ ‘Pension saving’ here refers to an investment in a pension savings fund.
² As an investor, you can only open one pension savings account or take out one pension savings insurance plan per calendar year. However, you can have multiple contracts at the same time. If you already have a contract from previous years, you can start a new one. You're entitled to deduct tax for only one of the two (or multiple) contracts.