If your bank, credit or prepaid card is lost
Act without delay and block your card with KBC Brussels Mobile. Tap the card you want to block, select 'Card Stop' and follow the instructions. Alternatively, call Card Stop immediately on 070 344 344 (0.30 euros a minute).
Card Stop will block your card and ensure you get a new one. Card Stop can be contacted at any time.
If your bank, credit or prepaid card is stolen
Act without delay and block your card with KBC Brussels Mobile.
- Log in to KBC Brussels Mobile
- Tap ‘Payments’ at the bottom of the screen
- Then select ‘Means of payment’ in the top centre
- Tap the card you want to block
- Tap ‘Block or replace’ at the bottom
- Select Card Stop and follow the instructions
Alternatively, call Card Stop immediately on 070 344 344 (0.30 euros a minute). Also, file an official report with the police within 24 hours.
Lost both your debit card and your phone? Call us right away (24/7) and we’ll block all your KBC Brussels apps.
If your bank, credit or prepaid card is retained by an ATM
Act without delay and block your card with KBC Brussels Mobile. Tap the card you want to block, select 'Card Stop' and follow the instructions.
Alternatively, call Card Stop immediately on 070 344 344 (0.30 euros a minute). That way you can be sure that nobody can use your card and you'll automatically receive a new one.
If your card has been retained by a KBC Brussels, CBC or KBC ATM, we'll send you a free text message to let you know.
Bank, credit or prepaid card refused
Information you need to give to Card Stop
The Card Stop operator will ask you for details of
- The circumstances, i.e. whether your card has been lost, stolen or retained by an ATM
- Who you are, including your name, where you live and when you were born
- The card to be stopped, including what type of card it is, its number and who issued it
- The account number linked to the card
- Your phone: lost it and had KBC Brussels apps installed on it? The operator will advise you contact us (on 0800 65 65 0) to have us block all your apps right away.
If you get a message notifying you that your card has been blocked for online use, it means you’ve entered the wrong PIN 3 times in a row when logging in.
Unblocking your card using KBC Brussels Mobile
1. Open KBC Brussels Mobile and go to ‘Payments' > 'Means of payment’
2. Tap your blocked card then ‘Unblock PIN and online banking access’
3. Enter your card’s expiry date
4. Use your card again with your PIN
Not using our Mobile app yet? Contact your KBC branch.
Not sure how to do it in KBC Brussels Mobile? Take a look at this demo.
Reactivating your card
Once you've had your credit card or prepaid card stopped, that's that. A frozen debit card, however, is something that you may be able to have reactivated. Contact your KBC Brussels branch for help with this.
Card not working because you’ve entered the wrong PIN 3 times?
KBC Brussels Mobile lets you easily unblock it.
- Open KBC Brussels Mobile and go to ‘Payments' > 'Means of payment’
- Tap your blocked card then ‘Unblock PIN and online banking access’
- Enter your card’s expiry date, then use your card in a high-street shop or at an ATM with the same PIN
- Withdraw cash or pay in a shop to make your card work online again
Not using our Mobile app yet? Contact your KBC Brussels branch.
KBC Brussels Debit Card: contact your KBC Brussels Bank branch. We will definitely need the following details:
- Your name
- Card number and type of card
- The name of the merchant, location, time and amount
KBC credit card and KBC Brussels Prepaid Card: you can dispute a transaction by visiting www.macarte.be, where the procedure is set out in detail. You will have to fill in an electronic form.
Changing card limits
Easily change the limits on your debit card or credit card yourself using KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile. You can temporarily raise your maximum spending limit up to twice a year, as long as your card doesn’t have a KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility. If you change your limit, it takes effect right away.
Activating bank and credit cards for use in the US
You can easily activate your card for payments in the United States yourself, in KBC Brussels Touch and KBC Brussels Mobile. Or you can call KBC Brussels Live.
What to do if you receive a fraud prevention letter from Worldline
If the Fraud Control department at Worldline suspects that fraudsters have accessed your card details, they will write to tell you. Thanks to its collaboration with Visa and Mastercard, Worldline can quickly trace fraud. The letter will tell you what to do.
You can find out more here.
Add Card Stop's number (070 344 344) to your phone contacts so you can call them immediately if your card is lost or stolen.