Private lease

Carefree driving comfort for a fixed monthly fee

Private lease

Carefree driving comfort for a fixed monthly fee

The Private Lease service is no longer available. However, existing contracts will remain in force. If you have a Private Lease contract, you can find more info here.

Private Lease: Quickly jump to...

Damage and accidents

Call KBC Private Lease Assistance 24/7 on + 32 (0) 2 347 39 02 for vehicle assistance (not personal assistance) in the event of a vehicle breakdown, an accident, theft or attempted theft, vandalism, fire or a stolen number plate.

The Private Lease assistance programme is valid in Belgium and all the countries listed on the certificate of insurance (the ‘green card’).

Your lease contract includes an insurance and risk arrangement, so there’s no need to report your broken car window to KBC Autolease. You can contact Carglass or Autoglass Clinic by phone or through their website to schedule an appointment to have your chipped or cracked window repaired or, if necessary, replaced.

To report an accident involving another party, you must submit a correctly completed European accident statement to KBC Autolease. Just follow these steps:

  1. Complete the European accident statement fully and correctly; 
  2. Sign the statement and make sure the other party also signs it; 
  3. Send the accident statement to the claims department.
    You can either scan the accident statement and e-mail it to
    or send it by post to: KBC Autolease – Claims Department, Pastoor Coplaan 100, 2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium
  4. Make an appointment with an approved bodywork repair shop for the repair. 
  5. KBC Autolease takes care of all the paperwork and pays the bill for you.

To report an accident not involving another party, you don’t need to complete a European accident statement. All you have to do is complete the claim form and send it to KBC Autolease. Just follow these steps:

  1. Download the ‘Report new accident without other party’ form from this page; 
  2. Complete the form and save it;
  3. Send the accident statement to the claims department.
    You can either scan the accident statement and e-mail it to
    or send it by post to: KBC Autolease – Claims Department, Pastoor Coplaan 100, 2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium
    Once we’ve received your claim, we’ll e-mail you about any necessary repairs.

Tyre change

If your tyres are worn or irreparably damaged, have them replaced by an approved tyre centre. Note: The legally required minimum profile depth is 1.6 mm. In case of doubt, you can have your tyres checked by an approved tyre centre.

You can drive confidently in all weather conditions – be it heat, frost or snow. You can drive in all countries where winter tyres are required during the winter months if your car is equipped with all-season tyres.

This is permitted, subject to the following conditions:

  • It becomes clear during maintenance or repair that the tyres are worn; 
  • The (approved) garage must first submit a request to KBC Autolease and must comply with the relevant terms and conditions.

Traffic fines

If you agree to the fine, you can pay the amount in one go before the stipulated date in one of three ways:

  • Online through this website;
  • Using the QR code on the official police report that you received;
  • By bank transfer. Be sure to always state the standard-format reference to ensure the payment is correctly allocated to the relevant police report. Otherwise the fine remains unpaid and the you will be sent a reminder. If still no payment is made, you will receive a summons.

What if you do not pay the fine or pay after the stipulated date? In that case, you will risk receiving a higher fine by amicable settlement. And if you still fail to pay this fine, you will receive an ‘order to pay’, resulting in an even higher fine.

1. If you were not the driver of the car at the time of the traffic violation:

  • Complete the online traffic violation contestation form on this website; 
  • State on the form who the driver was at the time of the traffic violation; 
  • Print the completed form, sign it and, within 15 days of receiving the notice for immediate collection, send it to Verkeersboetes, PB 30046, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.

2. If you were the driver of the car at the time of the traffic violation, but you do not agree with the violation or the amount of the fine:

  • Complete the online traffic violation contestation form on this website; 
  • Print the completed form, sign it and, within 15 days of receiving the notice for immediate collection, send it to Verkeersboetes, PB 30046, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
  • Note: If the public prosecutor does not accept your contestation, you will risk a higher fine or be summoned before the police court.

You will find more information on this matter on this website.

  • If you agree with the private company parking ticket issued to you, you are advised to pay the amount due as soon as possible, quoting the standard-format reference. 
  • If you do not agree with the private company parking ticket, you must contact the relevant parking company.

The first notification you receive is a note under the windscreen wiper. In the event of late payment, you will receive a first reminder. If still no payment is made, you will be charged additional costs.

A second reminder is always paid immediately by KBC Autolease. We will then invoice you for the costs of the original parking ticket + the additional costs.

In the event that you paid the fine in the meantime, you can receive a refund by directly contacting the parking company and submitting proof of payment to them. If you have any questions, our Driver Care staff will be happy to help.

You must always comply with the procedure in the country in question and pay the fine before the stipulated date. If you do not agree with the fine, you need to contact the issuing authority.

Yes. In that case, legal protection insurer KBC Defendo will take care of the legal costs. If you require legal assistance, please send us a copy of the summons addressed to the driver and the name of the chosen lawyer

  • by e-mail to
  • or by post to: KBC Autolease – Claims Department, Pastoor Coplaan 100, 2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium

If you do not choose a lawyer, KBC Defendo will choose one for you.

Extra features, accessories or alterations

A properly maintained car ensures a safe and smooth driving experience. A few useful tips:

  • Check your fluid levels and tyre pressures at least once a month
  • Have the necessary maintenance carried out according to the manufacturer’s instructions and when the onboard computer tells you to
  • Don’t drive recklessly

You may not use the lease car for:

  • Paid transport of passengers or goods
  • Teaching family members who don’t live with you to drive
  • Car rallies or races
  • Illegal purposes
  • Abnormal use with respect to the car’s intended purpose
  • Purposes in breach of the terms and conditions of the compulsory third-party liability insurance for motor vehicles
  • The lease car may only be driven by a holder of a valid driver’s licence. The lease car may also be used by a holder of a provisional driver’s licence. 
  • In the event of temporary reduced driving capacity, for instance, if their foot is in plaster, the driver must be in possession of a certificate from their doctor.
  • No person may drive the vehicle in any circumstances while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, including prescription drugs.

Preventative checks can avoid a lot of headaches in the long term. We therefore recommend having your car inspected at least once a year at your official dealer. 

In the case of periodic maintenance, you should follow the manufacturer’s instructions, without exceeding the prescribed mileage.

Your official dealer is permitted to perform intermediate checks of all fluid levels and the tyre pressure halfway through the intervals prescribed by the manufacturer.

Maintenance must be carried out by an official dealer or approved garage in Belgium. A few useful tips:

  • Make an appointment with your official dealer in good time
  • On the day of the appointment, always specify that this is a KBC Autolease car
  • When collecting the vehicle, sign the garage’s repair work order for agreement; KBC Autolease will take care of the payment and all the administrative processing directly with the garage
  • Verify that the garage has filled in and stamped the maintenance logbook correctly
  • Regularly check your tyre pressure or have it checked

You can have your car fitted with a tow bar for:

  • Trailers with a maximum authorised mass (MAM) of up to 750 kg 
  • Bicycle racks

If you decide to have your car fitted with a tow bar, we will arrange the required prior technical inspection. The costs are included in the lease price.

Remember to ask at the garage for your tow bar inspection certificate when you pick up your lease car, as you must always have this document with you.

Travelling abroad

You can drive your lease car to a holiday destination in any of the countries in the European Union.

If you want to travel to countries outside the Schengen Area with your lease car, you will need to apply for a certificate from Renta Drive to avoid hassle at the border, should you be stopped by the authorities.

Useful tip: Apply for your certificate from Renta Drive at least 14 days prior to your departure.

A number of countries where this certificate is required:

  • Bosnia Herzegovina
  • Morocco
  • Montenegro
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey

Note that in countries outside the European Union for which it is not possible to apply for a certificate, you cannot drive your lease car. If you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Renta Drive.

Good to know:

  • Although Switzerland and Norway are not members of the European Union, you do not require a certificate for driving lease vehicles there.
  • Note that you also need certificates for countries you transit on the way to your destination and not only for the destination country. 
  • Your certificate will be sent to you by e-mail and regular post within a few days of applying. 

You will find more information on Rentadrive’s website.

If you have any questions, our Driver Care staff will be happy to help.

If you are travelling to or passing through France, you need a special certificate – the CRIT’Air Air Quality Certificate (vignette) for Paris, Lille, Lyon and Grenoble.

This certificate is required for all French and foreign vehicles and applies to cars, lorries, vans, buses, coaches, motorcycles, etc. Be sure to order the certificate to avoid getting fined!

The CRIT’Air Air Quality Certificate is a round sticker that costs 4.80 euros including shipping and can be ordered through this website. Don’t wait too long to order the certificate to make sure you receive it on time! The sticker is applied in the lower right-hand corner of your windscreen.

You will find further information on the CRIT’Air certification and environmental zones in other European cities on the VAB website (content in Dutch).

All KBC Autolease cars are insured in Belgium and all the countries listed on the certificate of insurance (the ‘green card’).

  • If your car needs repairing while you’re abroad, you always require the prior approval of KBC Autolease. You can reach KBC Private Lease Assistance 24/7 on + 32 2 347 39 02 to obtain approval as well as the address of the nearest garage.
  • If the repair costs are over 500 euros, the garage will need to contact the KBC Autolease Technical Service Department to request approval before performing the repair. They can be reached on + 32 16 88 16 52. KBC Autolease will settle the bill directly with the garage. 
  • If the garage requires immediate payment of the invoice, they must send an invoice (exclusive of VAT) to KBC Autolease NV, Prof. Van Overstraetenplein 5, 3000 Leuven, Belgium, stating company number BE 0422 562 385.
    To be reimbursed for the repair costs, please complete this form and send it to KBC Autolease along with the invoice, and we will make sure you receive the correct reimbursement.

More information

What is Private Lease?

Our Private Lease personal car leasing service lets you lease a car, almost like a long-term car rental. When you lease a brand-new car, it’s for 47 months or nearly four years. The term for used cars is shorter.

Why 47 months? After 48 months (4 years), new cars must undergo official technical inspection. At 47 months, this isn’t necessary (we do it afterwards). One less worry for you!

You pay a fixed monthly fee for a fully equipped car and comprehensive service. Virtually everything is included, like maintenance, vehicle assistance, car insurance and repairs. You only pay for fuel.

Who is Private Lease for?

Private Lease is a good fit for you if you want the comfort of a car without a big investment and the hassle of maintenance, insurance and unexpected costs.

You need to be an unaccompanied driver with a valid driving licence to lease a car. Private Lease is available to customers with us for over six months.

What’s included?

A lease car lets you drive carefree with the full package of services that comes with it.

You don’t have to pay for the maintenance, repairs and overhauls included. Simply enjoy driving a car in tiptop condition.

Private Lease Vehicle Assistance takes the worry out of driving. Whether your vehicle breaks down, is involved in an accident or gets stolen, you can count on our vehicle assistance at home and abroad.

If your car can’t be made roadworthy right away, you get a replacement vehicle while it’s being repaired.

You don’t have to do a thing for the necessary car insurance, as your leasing fee includes obligatory third-party liability insurance and legal assistance (in the name of van KBC Autolease).

  • Third-party liability motor insurance
    If you want to drive your car on public roads, you must have third-party liability insurance. It covers you if you cause an accident and resultant loss, damage or injury to others. You’re covered in Belgium and all the countries listed on your international motor vehicle insurance (‘green card’).

  • Legal assistance
    In addition to our third-party liability motor insurance, we offer legal assistance cover for potential criminal or civil defence proceedings. Its main purpose is to recover the cost of damage to your car from the person responsible for it.

  • Risk arrangement
    KBC Autolease assumes the risks of the car being completely written off and of a partial loss (such as due to theft, your own negligence, storm damage or glass breakage). In cases of wilful damage, negligence or personal error, you pay a deductible of 250 euros.

Rest easy while we take care of everything for you, including registration and road tax.

You can choose between summer tyres (included as standard) or all-season tyres (small surcharge).

Go for all-season tyres to drive safely in all weather conditions, all year round. They also let you drive during the winter in countries where you must have winter tyres.

We’ll replace worn-out tyres free of charge.

What’s not included?

It’s advisable (but not a legal requirement) to take out personal accident insurance. That insures you as driver for bodily injury while third-party liability insurance (which comes with your lease car) only covers passengers.

Our vehicle assistance insurance doesn’t include personal assistance. You can take out separate travel insurance for this purpose.

Frequently asked questions

Got questions about Private Lease? Check out our frequently asked questions for answers.

Don’t see your question? Ask KBC Brussels Live for more help (weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

Already got a Private Lease car?


Pastoor Coplaan 100, 2870 Zwijndrecht
Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.

Returning the vehicle

As your lease draws to a close, you may be wondering how to return your car.

How and where do you return your car? What if it’s damaged? Find out here.

Cars must be returned to KBC Private Lease% clean and in good condition, together with their:

  • Vehicle registration certificate
  • Certificate of conformity
  • Service log book
  • Certificate of insurance (green card)
  • Vehicle inspection certificate (if applicable)
  • Codes
  • Original number plate
  • All keys
  • Satnav software
  • Spare wheel and anti-theft bolts
  • Compulsory equipment including a fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first-aid kit and fluorescent vest
  • Original rims

And possibly also:

  • Additional seats
  • Roof rack
  • Luggage screen cover
  • Any other required keys (like one for a towbar)
  • Deliver the car cleaned inside and out
  • Make sure you attend any loss inspection

If you fail to do so, we may charge you a fee.

  • Car not there for collection: €150
  • No vehicle registration certificate: €150
  • Certificate of conformity missing: €150
  • No original number plate: €150
  • Missing keys (at least two must be returned, including the master key): €300
  • No satnav software: €150

VAB Fleet Services will inspect the car in the parking area in Londerzeel. Photos are taken of any visible damage. Any damage other than normal wear and tear is invoiced as post-contractual damage.

In determining the normal wear and tear, KBC Autolease only applies the objective criteria and guidelines of Renta (the Belgian professional association of vehicle lessors) for the evaluation of passenger cars and company cars.

Repair costs are kept low thanks to the use of smart repair techniques, which involve alternative repair methods that offer excellent value for money.

No, that is not possible.