Your car's insurance certificate (previously the 'green card') is now white and available in digital form in KBC Brussels Mobile and KBC Brussels Touch. The certificate you receive on the main renewal date will be digital-only. The double benefit here is that you always have it on you and that you do your bit for the environment by not having it in paper form. Nevertheless, should you need a paper version, you can request one in just a couple of taps or clicks.
How to find your insurance certificate in KBC Brussels Mobile
- Log in to KBC Brussels Mobile and tap 'My KBC'
- Scroll down to 'Insurance' and tap on your vehicle
- Tap 'Your certificate of insurance'
How to find your insurance certificate in KBC Brussels Touch
1. Log in to KBC Brussels Touch, click 'Vehicle' on the left and select your vehicle under 'Insurance'.
2. Select 'Show certificate of insurance'
Still need a paper version?
- Option 1: Print out the digital version yourself.
- Option 2: Request a free paper version by following the link next to your certificate of insurance in KBC Brussels Mobile or KBC Brussels Touch. You'll receive a currently valid certificate by post about a week later.
A few more useful tips
Tip 1: Police inspection, accident or vehicle inspection?
You are always required to have your insurance certificate at hand. The digital version suffices and is much more convenient and faster.
Tip 2: Easy to forward
An insurance certificate is linked to a vehicle and not to a person, so if you let someone else drive your vehicle, you have to provide that person with the insurance certificate. It's really easy to do this digitally.
Tip 3. Powers of attorney
If you've given someone a power of attorney for your insurance, that person can also see the insurance certificate in KBC Brussels Touch and KBC Brussels Mobile, and they don't have to take any further action.
Tip 4: Going abroad
If you're planning a trip abroad, it's best to make a print-out of your insurance certificate on white paper to avoid any surprises.
Tip 5: Save it off-line
You can also keep a copy of your insurance certificate offline by downloading it and saving it to your files. Usefull for whenever you don't have an Internet connection.