Protect your family
If you have a personal home loan with us and you die before it’s fully repaid, any remaining debt is partially or fully settled, giving your loved ones financial peace of mind.
Save on tax
Mortgage protection cover premiums you pay through your company are fully tax deductible as business expenses.
Stay fully insured
Your mortgage protection cover is linked to your home loan with us and tracks what you have left to repay, so you’re always properly insured.
What is a %%product.keymancomfortplan%%?
A %%product.keymancomfortplan%% is a class-21 life insurance policy (death cover) that provides financial protection to your next of kin.
If you die during the term of your loan, we’ll repay part or all of the remainder of your loan, sparing your loved ones from financial worries. You can link this insurance to a personal KBC Brussels Home Loan.
The premiums for your Keyman Comfort Plan are treated as an individual pension scheme, as the tax authorities regard buying property as a form of supplementary pension accrual.
Who is a %%product.keymancomfortplan%% for?
Our Keyman Comfort Plan is intended for company owners who take out a personal KBC Brussels Home Loan with us.
Stay fully insured
A %%product.keymancomfortplan%% is linked to your home loan and automatically tracks what you have left to repay. That means you’re always insured for the correct amount, even if you repay part of your loan early.
How is your premium calculated?
- We take account of a few criteria when calculating your premium (learn more about segmentation criteria)
- Your premium is recalculated every month on the basis of the then outstanding loan amount
- You pay your premium on a fixed date every month
- You pay an insurance tax of 4.4%
The premiums that your company pays for you are fully deductible as business expenses. Because the tax authorities regard buying property as a type of supplementary pension accrual, the premiums are taxed as an individual pension scheme. See our fact sheet for more details.
What sum is insured?
The cover percentage for your mortgage protection cover shows which percentage of the outstanding loan amount is insured. Ask us about which coverage fits you best.
Get free advance insurance cover
Advance insurance cover ensures you are covered before you start drawing down the loan and even before the deed of loan has been notarised. The cover applies for up to one year and ends when your actual insurance cover begins.
What’s not insured?
- Death of the insured by suicide in the first year of the contract (euthanasia according to the legal provisions is, however, not an exclusion)
- Death of the insured as a consequence of an act of violence by the policyholder or the beneficiary
- Death as a consequence of active participation in events of war
More things you need to know
- Our Keyman Comfort Plan is a class-21 life insurance policy (death cover).
- It is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Medical acceptance is required for this cover.
- Future tax treatment can change and depends on your individual circumstances. Ask your KBC Brussels Insurance intermediary for bespoke advice on this matter.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Brussels Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38.
- If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman-insurance.be. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Contact your KBC Brussels Insurance intermediary to request a quote for a %%product.keymancomfortplan%%.
- The %%product.keymancomfortplan%% is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – België. VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
- Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
- Member of the KBC group
If you’re interested in this plan and would like to know how to combine it with other types of supplementary pension plans, we’ll be happy to tell you all about it.