For certain items, additional cover is advisable, in particular for electronic and high-precision equipment. Items may be insured individually, as sets or as groups of items of the same type. This insurance can be taken out under the business property insurance policy.
For whom is a KBC All-Risk Insurance for Specific Items intended?
This insurance is intended for companies that use expensive items.
- Electronic and high-precision equipment such as the following:
- IT equipment: PCs, printers, modems
- Office equipment: telephones, fax machines, photocopiers
- Technical equipment: measuring and control equipment
- Mechanical machinery or systems, such as compressors, generators, pumps, cooling systems and printing presses
- Machinery kept outdoors or on sites
The policyholder can be either the owner, hirer or lessee.
What is insured?
- Any unexpected damage or destruction, provided the cause is an external factor that is not on the list of uninsured events included in the conditions.
- Theft or attempted theft
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance, if you select this option
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Known defects
- Damage caused by slow-acting influences
- Parts that wear quickly and require regular replacement
Required preventive measures
We expect you to act with due and proper care. This means taking a number of basic measures to prevent attempted theft. Depending on the risk of theft and the amounts insured, we may ask you to take extra measures.
Further useful information
- In order to cover an item under this insurance, you need to be able to provide a reference, such as a certificate or an invoice number, serial number or chassis number.
- Items you rent out are not covered unless they are rented out free of charge and not for any professional purposes.
- We pay compensation for equipment based on new value or actual value. Compensation for home contents is paid based on new value.
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of property damage insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and will be tacitly renewed, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Brussels Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC Insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 04200601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group