If your insured buildings cause loss, damage or bodily injury to third parties, this insurance will cover you against claims from those third parties.
What is insured?
Third-party liability for loss, damage or bodily injuries caused to third parties by the following:
- Insured buildings and premises in the location specified
- Adjacent footpaths
- Household effects for private use, i.e. everything required in order to maintain a household, such as cleaning equipment belonging to the lessor.
For information purposes: Third-party liability is the insured person's legal obligation to compensate loss, damage or injury they cause to third parties.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
- Contractual liability
- Loss, damage or injury caused by the release of, or exposure to, asbestos.
- Buildings in a state of disrepair if you did not take basic precautions to prevent loss.
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of third-party liability insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Brussels Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 (freephone number) or 078 152045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC Brussels insurance intermediary to request a quotation for the KBC Brussels Business Property Insurance Policy.
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group