If you incur loss or damage for whom someone else is liable, you will want to be compensated as quickly as possible, particularly if your business is affected. This insurance provides for legal assistance and support in legal disputes.
When does the insurance apply?
This insurance covers legal disputes in connection with the following:
- Insured buildings and premises in the location specified
- Adjacent footpaths
- Household effects for private use, i.e. everything required to maintain a household, such as cleaning equipment.
The following legal disputes are covered
- If your insured goods are damaged: we will recover compensation from the liable party, provided you have incurred a loss of at least 250 euros.
- If you are suspected of having committed a criminal offence and wish to be defended by a lawyer.
What is not insured? Most important exclusions:
Contractual disputes are not covered. These can include disputes with a contractor, fitter, supplier or seller concerning the price or quality of the work performed. Damage to property other than that referred to in the contract is, however, covered
Things you also need to know
- This is a form of legal assistance insurance
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Brussels Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 432 594. If no satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively, visit www.ombudsman.as
- However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact your KBC Brussels insurance intermediary to request a quotation for this insurance
The KBC Business Property Insurance is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group