Reimbursement of recovery costs
We will reimburse the damages incurred and pay the specialists who perform the recovery.
In the event of an emergency, you will receive assistance from our IT, PR and/or legal specialists.
Our specialists will provide you with free advice that will help you protect your company as effectively as possible.
If you want to protect your company against cybercriminals and data
breaches, KBC Cyber insurance will give you all the
protection you need. We’ll call in specialists who’ll get you up and
running again quickly, and we’ll also reimburse your recovery
What are the benefits of cyber insurance?
Cybercrime can be found everywhere nowadays. Market research by Unizo has shown that 4 in 10 self-employed persons have fallen victim to cybercriminals.
Consequently, any company that uses the Internet and computers is a
potential target for a computer criminal.
The financial losses caused by a cyberattack are often so high that the majority of companies are unable to carry them alone. Proper insurance can offer recourse.
"… All our IT supplier was able to say was that they were powerless. We weren’t insured against cyberattacks, so our options were limited."
What is KBC Cyber insurance?
KBC Cyber insurance is a form of property insurance that
will protect your company against the consequences of hacking, data
breaches, cyberattacks and system intrusions, even when they’re the
result of actions by you or your staff.
1. Reimbursement of recovery costs
We cover any costs that need to be incurred, for instance for the recovery of your network when it has been damaged by hackers.
The same applies if you incur administrative penalties by infringing privacy legislation due to an oversight by a member of staff, or if funds are stolen from your account when you’ve been hacked.
We also cover legal advice or PR advice if it’s needed. If the loss or damage was caused by you or a member of staff, don’t worry, this is also covered.
2. 24/7 assistance in the event of a cyberattack or data breach
If you’re in need of urgent assistance, you can count on the KBC Cyber Insurance Helpdesk team of specialists, 24/7. We’ll call you back within two hours with a recovery proposal. In the event of an emergency, we’ll immediately dispatch an IT specialist.
If you need a PR specialist or a legal adviser on account of lost
customer data or infringements of the GDPR, you can also count on
3. Free prevention for better protection
Specialists will conduct a thorough analysis of your organisation, free of charge, and advise you as to how you can ensure the best possible protection for your business. The preventive measures consist of the following:
- Network scan: IT specialists scan your network and identify the weak links in your security
- GDPR check: a law firm analyses how you protect your customers’ data and makes recommendations for improvements
Communication check: a PR agency assesses your crisis
communication plan so you’re optimally prepared in the event of a
4. Business interruption (optional)
If you’ve lost income because a cyberattack rendered your web store
unavailable or caused your machines to malfunction, this optional
cover will entitle you to compensation.
Why take out KBC Cyber insurance?
- Up and running again quickly after a cyberattack or data breach
- Comprehensive team of specialists to recover your network or compensate losses: IT, PR, and legal specialists
- Helpdesk available 24/7
- Major bank with many years of experience in cybersecurity
What is and isn’t covered?
What is covered
Loss or damage caused by cybercrime
- Hacker damage
- Cyber extortion (ransomware or cryptoware)
- Loss of funds from your account
- Phone charges incurred if your phone system is hacked
- Data theft
- Business interruption (optional)
24/7 assistance in the event of a cyberattack or data breach
We’ll cover any reasonable and necessary costs incurred for the following*:
- IT specialists
- Crisis consultants
- Legal consultants
*Provided you call our helpdesk in advance, within 48 hours of the
Loss or damage you cause to others
- Infringement of privacy legislation (GDPR)
- Unfair competition or misleading business practices
- Content (on a digital communication channel) that gives rise to a claim
What isn’t covered
- Costs we haven’t approved in advance
- Costs exceeding the maximum amount covered
- Loss caused by games of chance
- Loss or damage caused by wars or nuclear reactions
- Malfunctions or service interruptions
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the General Conditions.
Things you also need to know
- KBC Cyber insurance is a form of property insurance.
- This product is governed by the laws of
- Insurance cover under this policy is
valid for a term of one year and will be tacitly renewed, unless it
is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084, tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org,www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Contact your KBC insurance intermediary to request a quotation
for KBC Cyber insurance.
KBC Cyber insurance is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium.
- VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
- Company licensed by
the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels,
Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal
Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July
Member of the KBC Group