Why go for a KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO?
The KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO is the ideal way to save if you want to build up a relatively safe financial reserve for future contingencies. Unlike some investment products, a savings account gives you immediate access to your money. And savings accounts bear interest up to the day you withdraw your cash.
Please note that non-profit organisations, public authorities, government agencies and autonomous entities cannot open a KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO. Instead, KBC Brussels offers other types of savings accounts for these clients. Learn more.
Main features of the KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO
1. Pay no charges to open or manage your account
The KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO is free. So, we won't charge you for opening and managing your savings account, or if you want to make a withdrawal.
2. A base rate of interest plus a fidelity bonus
|Base rate of interest||0.35%
The rates shown are gross and annualised and can change at any time. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC Brussels Bank branch. If rates change, we will inform account holders of this on their statements of account.
3. Tax treatment
All interest accruing on a KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO is subject to Belgian withholding tax, which is currently (income year 2023) charged at 30%.
- Insolvency risk: a maximum of 100,000 euros of your aggregate deposits with KBC Bank are guaranteed per person, subject to certain conditions. In the event of KBC Brussels’s insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100,000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure from your KBC Brussels branch or from www.kbcbrussels.be/depositprotection.
- Inflation risk: this savings account also has an inflation risk, as sustained price increases can result in the amount deposited losing value.
You can obtain a copy of our ‘Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium’ brochure free of charge from your KBC Brussels Bank branch. It is also available at www.kbcbrussels.be/depositprotection.
The KBC Brussels Savings Account PRO is a regulated, open-ended savings account offered by KBC Brussels Bank NV (Belgium) and governed by Belgian law. Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers.
Wealth Management Expert for Businesses
- Free analysis
- Comprehensive advice on how to grow your total assets
- Designed exclusively for businesses
Funds with floor-price monitoring
- Ideal for longer-term cash surpluses
- Risks under control
- Professionally managed
Call 32 Business Account
- Combines a savings account with a term investment
- No management fee or entry charge
- Cash accessible at any time