Repay your way
You decide how much you pay off each month. Repay all in one go or over time.
Adjust your monthly limit
Set how much you can spend on your card so you don't max it out.
Watch your spending
Track your spending and manage your credit card with KBC Brussels Touch.
What is KBC Brussels Flex Budget?
Interested in taking out a KBC Brussels Silver Credit Card or Gold? While you're at it, you might want to take out a KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility as well! A KBC Brussels Platinum Credit Card is always linked to a KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility. This extra cash reserve can be used any time you want, without a repayment period being set beforehand1. This gives you flexibility in paying back what you've spent on your card.
You can also transfer the reserve on your KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility to your current account and use it to pay bills or make payment with your KBC Brussels Debit Card. The limit for your chosen credit card is the standard maximum limit for your KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility.
Repaying at your own pace
Everything at once, or a little bit at a time? It's you who decides when and at what pace you repay what you've spent. You only pay interest for the period and on the amount for which you postpone repayment.
- Monthly repayment : you can repay the full balance once a month by direct debit, which means you're not charged interest.
- Spread repayment: you decide how much you pay off each month.
- You can repay a fixed percentage of what you owe, for instance 35%2
- You can also repay a fixed amount each time, for instance 250 euros3
- Transfer to your current account: you pay interest from the moment you make the transfer. The time you want to take to repay the amount in question can also be set separately for this type of transfer4.
1 A debt clearance period applies to this cash reserve.
2 By law, the amount you repay monthly must be at least 5.6% of your outstanding balance.
3 The amount must be at least 5.6% of the spending limit for your credit card. This ensures that you comply with the law stipulating that you must pay back at least 5.6% of your outstanding balance each month.
4 For credit cards taken out before 29 August 2016, you pay transaction charges, but interest is only charged the month after.
KBC Brussels Financial Protection Insurance
Gone for a KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility? Adding our optional Financial Protection Insurance may be worth considering.
How does KBC Brussels Financial Protection Insurance work?
If you have gone for the KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility, you can add our optional financial protection insurance for a small fee each month. This covers you:
- if you are forced by violence or under threat of violence to withdraw cash at an ATM or if you are robbed within 24 hours of withdrawing cash at an ATM
- if you die (any outstanding balance on the date of death will be covered)
- if you are completely unfit for work for more than two months (solely for persons who carry out a regular professional activity). The compensation is equal to the minimum monthly repayment required by law (i.e. 5.6% of the outstanding balance), plus the monthly member contribution payable during the period of total work disability
- if you are admitted to hospital for at least seven consecutive days (solely for persons who don't (no longer) have a professional activity). The compensation is twice the minimum monthly repayment required by law (i.e. 5.6% of the outstanding balance), plus the monthly member contribution payable.
Situations where it does not apply include
- if work disability is the result of drug use or drunkenness
- if the financial loss resulting from a forced cash withdrawal or robbery following a cash withdrawal is due to a deliberate act or complicity on the part of the insured person, persons living with him/her, or blood relatives or relatives by marriage in the direct line
How much is the member contribution?
Your member contribution is calculated on the outstanding balance.
- 0.35% per month (for one insured person)
- 0.65% per month (for two insured persons in the case of two credit cards for the same credit line)
Make sure there is enough money on your account
As the time approaches to make repayment, make sure there is enough money on your account. On the 1st of the month, the amount to be paid back is debited automatically from your account.
If the balance available on your account is insufficient, you still have a few more days to credit your account. This is because the amounts available on your account will be debited automatically during the first five calendar days of the month until the amount owed for the month concerned has been collected in full.
However, should the balance on your account still be insufficient after this period to repay the legally required minimum amount owed for that month, we will repeat this procedure until the last banking day of the month.
Want to adjust your monthly limit? No problem
You can quickly and easily raise or lower the monthly limit for your credit card in your KBC Brussels branch, or in real time in the KBC Brussels Mobile app or in KBC Brussels Touch. The maximum limit is the standard amount permitted for your chosen credit card.
Suppose you've opted for a KBC Brussels Gold Credit Card. The permitted limit for this card is 5,000 euros, which is also the maximum amount you can use during the month. If you notice that you never really use more than 2,000 euros, you can lower your limit in KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile. However if you've booked, say, a city trip to New York and the departure date is getting closer, you can simply raise your limit again.
See details of your expenditure at a glance!
The Manage credit tab in KBC Brussels Touch lets you know in an instant:
- how much credit you've already used on your KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility (orange)
- how much is still available (green)
- how much you've spent in the month in question and what will be deducted from your KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility the following month (yellow)
You can also transfer money to your KBC Brussels Current Account here, as well as change the time you want to take to repay what you owe.
The Manage credit tab lets you see:
- the monthly limit that you can change
- how much you've spent on your credit card
Why do you receive a monthly billing twice a month?
- You receive the first statement around the 20th of the month essentially for information purposes. It contains an overview of all the spending you've carried out on your card during the preceding period. The total amount is given in the monthly billing.
- The monthly billing is always provided on the 1st of the month. It contains the total amount and – if you have opted to spread your repayments – the amount to be repaid every month. Details of cash withdrawals or amounts repaid early are also included on it.
You can also find both monthly billing in KBC Brussels Touch.
Considering a credit card with KBC Brussels Flex Budget facility?
Check out your options. When you find a suitable card, apply for it straightaway in KBC Brussels Touch.
Additional information that you should know about the optional KBC Brussels Financial Protection Insurance
- KBC Brussels Financial Protection Insurance is an insurance contract that KBC Bank has taken out with KBC Insurance NV, with registered office at Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium. VAT No. BE 0403.552.563, RLP Leuven, IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601, BIC KREDBEBB. Company licensed for all insurance classes under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Member of the KBC group.
- Financial Protection Insurance includes the following cover:
- Financial loss due to a forced cash withdrawal or robbery following a cash withdrawal (Class 9 – financial loss insurance)
- Death (Class 21)
- Work disability and serious health problems (Class 2)
- You must have signed up for the insurance to be able to make a claim.
- You can submit a claim under the insurance as long as your credit card is active and you have paid the card fee. Cover ends automatically when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is cancelled.
- The conditions of cover are available from all KBC Brussels Bank branches and at www.kbc.be/regulations. They alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer.
- Your KBC Brussels Bank branch is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have about this advertisement. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Brussels Complaints Management by post at Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), or by fax on + 32 16 86 30 38. If you have a complaint and cannot reach a suitable resolution, you can contact the Mediation Service (Banks-Credit-Investments) by post at Belliardstraat 15-17 box 8, 1040 Brussels, by telephone on +32 2 545 77 70, by fax +32 2 545 77 79, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a complaint with regard to insurance, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as.
- The insurance contract is subject to Belgian law.
See the fact sheet, comparison sheet and information document for this insurance product for more detailed information:
Gold Mastercard with travel cancellation insurance
Save and invest on your phone
- Start saving (for later)
- Get personal investment advice
- Bank from the comfort of home