Free of charge
If you're under 25, you can get a KBC Brussels Plus Account for free.
Bank on your PC, tablet and smartphone
Check your bank balance, transfer money and do lots more besides – anytime, anywhere.
Personalised debit card
As a younger account holder with us, you can personalise your debit card with a favourite photo twice a year – totally free of charge.
Why go for a young person’s account?
From city trips to your favourite summer festivals, there are loads of times when you’ll want to have cash on you. Not something you want to have to pay extra for. With our KBC Brussels Plus Account for under-25s, you won’t have to.
It gives you lots of great free benefits compared to our KBC Brussels Basic Account:
- Withdraw cash in Belgium and the rest of Europe at no extra charge
- Get a second debit card
- Use our K'Ching and Mobile apps to do all your banking
- Personalise your debit card with one of your coolest photos
- Repay your friends conveniently with MobilePay
- Pay by Payconiq without needing your debit card in shops, restaurants and more
- Buy bus and train tickets easily when and where you want
Forget cheap current accounts – get one for free!
Our young person’s account includes:
- Two debit cards (+ replacement)
- Online banking on your PC, laptop or tablet with KBC Brussels Touch
- Mobile banking on your phone with our KBC Brussels Mobile and K'Ching apps
- Cash withdrawals in euro over the counter and from other banks’ ATMs
- Payments in almost any shop, filling station or restaurant and on virtually any website
- Sending money in euro to your own or others’ accounts (with instant transfers to another KBC Brussels account)
Our spending limits for young people aged between 10 and 17 differ from those applying to adults. If you’re under 18, your parents manage how much you can spend.
|Daily limit for cash withdrawals
||120 euros||500 euros|
|Weekly limit for cash withdrawals
||900 euros||5,000 euros|
|Weekly limit for payments
||900 euros||2,500 euros|
Over-18s are subject to our standard KBC Brussels Debit Card limits which you can easily change yourself using our KBC Brussels Touch, KBC Brussels Mobile or K'Ching apps.
Get that little bit extra
Once you've turned 18 and start earning, you can opt for a KBC Brussels Plus Account including a credit card. And you can get the whole package at a great price, too. Interested? Compare all our cards.
Once you're over 18, you can use a young person's account to give you the option of temporarily overdrawing your account using the KBC Brussels Budget Facility.
|KBC Brussels Prepaid Card
||1 euro a month|
|KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Silver Credit Card
1 euro a month
KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Gold Credit Card
4 euros a month
KBC Brussels Plus Account with a KBC Brussels Platinum Credit Card
7 euros a month
Use your debit card right away: after opening your account and before getting your card, KBC Brussels Mobile is updated with your card details so you can already use them to make payments. Link your card details to your Apple Wallet, Google Pay app, Fitbit app or wearable and to pay right away with your smartphone, smartwatch or wearable.
Paying digital bills with KBC Brussels Mobile
Getting started with KBC Brussels Mobile
Enjoy the ease of our Mobile app
- Make cardless cash withdrawals
- Shop online without a card reader
- Get it for iOS, Android or Windows