Buying a new or second-hand car is a serious investment, so you of course want the best protection against theft, total loss or other damage. Comprehensive insurance covers the damage to your own car, even if you are liable.
Optional 10% extra compensation
In the event of a total loss or theft of your vehicle, we increase your compensation by 10% with no further formalities required.
Transported items also covered
Personal items you transport in your car are insured as well.
Assistance in case of a problem or emergency situation on your travels. Includes VAB (Flemish Automobile Association) membership and a replacement vehicle in Belgium after an accident, theft or breakdown.
What is insured?
We cover all types of loss or damage, except those on the limited
list of exclusions. This list is included in the General Terms and Conditions.
What is insured?
- Damage caused by a collision, fire, glass breakage, theft, vandalism, forces of nature, filling up with the wrong type of fuel, collisions with stray animals or birds, and gnawing martens
- The cost of replacing locks or reprogramming the locking system if your car keys are stolen
- Medical expenses if you are injured in a car-jacking or house-breaking incident
registration tax is covered free of charge if your vehicle is
Optional 10% extra compensation
- If your car is stolen or written off
- Other items may have been lost or damaged as well
Compensation to cover the full purchase price
- In case of a total loss or theft if your car is not found within 15 days of reporting the incident
- This also applies to second-hand cars that were less than 36 months old at the time of purchase
- Vehicle assistance, including roadside assistance (VAB membership)
- A replacement car in Belgium for 7 days after an accident or breakdown and for 30 days in case of theft
- Assistance for you and your family (optional: you can also take out this comprehensive insurance without personal assistance)
Damage to transported items
We provide cover of up to 1,500 euros for damage to personal items transported in your car. We also consider bicycles on a bicycle rack and items stored in a roof box as transported items.
Unusable accessories due to total loss
We cover additional vehicle accessories you can no longer use due to total loss like a set of winter tyres or a roof box.
Choose a deductible that suits your budget
- 250 euros, 500 euros, 750 euros, 1,000 euros or 1,250 euros
- No deductible will apply in the event of fire, nor in
the event of melt damage caused by a short circuit, or in the event
of explosions, fire-extinguishing operations, forces of nature,
damage caused by martens, falling aircraft or parts thereof, or
collision with stray animals or birds; we don’t apply a deductible
either in the event of a write-off
- In case of glass breakage, a 250-euro deductible applies unless you choose a repairer from our extensive list
What is not insured?
- Damage you caused under the influence of alcohol (more than 0.15%) or in a similar condition due to the use of substances other than alcohol
- Damage you caused in violation of the conditions laid down by Belgian laws and regulations
- Damage you have caused intentionally
- Damage resulting from wear and tear or an obvious lack of car maintenance
- Theft that was facilitated by leaving the vehicle unattended on a public road or unlocked in another place that is accessible to the public
- Your physical injuries as driver of your vehicle
For this take out Driver accident insurance
Good to know
- All Risks Comprehensive Insurance in the KBC Vehicle Insurance for passenger cars is fully comprehensive
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium
- The insurance provided by this policy is valid for one year It will be tacitly renewed, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any
complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can
contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000
Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free
number) or 078 15 20 45 (pay number), fax 016 86 30 38. If this does
not result in a satisfactory solution, you can contact the Insurance
Ombudsman, which acts for the entire industry, at De Meeûssquare 35,
1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ombudsman.as
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
KBC Vehicle Insurance is a product from KBC Insurance NV –
Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
The company is licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC Group