- Our handy simulator at the bottom of the screen lets you work out the price of your bicycle insurance in no time. To determine if we can immediately insure the bicycle online, we consider details concerning your bicycle and your insurance claims history.
- You can take out cover online straightaway, without having to go to your branch.
- And with us, you're not on your own when it comes to claiming. There's always a KBC Brussels Insurance agent in your neighbourhood who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.
For any type of bicycle
Electric bicycle, mountain bicycle, racing bicycle, carrier bicycle, folding bicycle, city bicycle, recumbent bicycle, etc. We insure any bicycle that is no more than 2 months old and depending on the purchase price.
Insured for theft and damage
Accessories such as a bicycle trailer, saddle bag or child seat can also be insured. On holiday? This insurance protects your bicycle worldwide.
Bicycle assistance (VAB Breakdown Assistance)
A puncture, technical defect or an accident? We'll help you get back on track immediately anywhere in the Benelux, 24/7.
Calculate and take out your bicycle insurance online
Why take out bicycle insurance with us?
A new bicycle is a major investment, so it’s probably something you can’t do without. It would therefore be wise to take out proper insurance. It’s when you’re out using your bicycle that KBC Bicycle Insurance really pays off.
- You damage your bicycle and saddle bag in a fall. Then this insurance covers the damage both to your bicycle and saddle bag.
- Your bicycle is stolen while you’re on holiday. Then our
Bicycle Insurance provides compensation for the stolen bicycle,
anywhere around the world.
What is covered?
- Any unexpected damage to, destruction or theft of your bicycle, worldwide and 24/7.
- Up to 12 months after the purchase date, we will fully compensate the sum insured for your bicycle.
- Accessories such as a saddle bag, child seat or bicycle trailer are covered free of charge up to 300 euros. Extensions are possible.
- Your bicycle helmet is covered free of charge up to 125 euros.
Bicycle assistance (VAB breakdown service)
Accident, technical defect, puncture, faulty battery, vandalism, theft or attempted theft of your bicycle? Then VAB will come to your aid anywhere in the Benelux if your bicycle is on a road that can be accessed by a VAB assistance vehicle.
If necessary, we will take you, your bicycle, your children and your bicycle trailer to the location best suited for the repair or to your destination.
Under the all-risk insurance
- Damage caused by wear and tear or lack of maintenance
- Damage that has no influence on the use, like scratches
- Damage covered by a warranty or caused by a manufacturing defect
- Damage to the battery, charger or unfixed accessories with no damage to the bicycle itself
- Damage caused whilst taking part in competitions
Under the bicycle assistance insurance
We will not provide assistance if you are unable to continue using the bicycle due to
- A defect that recurs regularly as the result of poor maintenance
- Damage you cause intentionally, for instance when acting on a bet or in response to a challenge
- Damage caused by using non-original spare parts
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
What types of bicycles are covered?
A city bicycle, racing bicycle, mountain bicycle or other type of bicycle? We insure every new bicycle, even if it has electric pedal assistance.
However, there are some conditions:
- When you take out the insurance, your bicycle may be no older than two months
- The invoice amount must be between 600 and 6,000 euros (bicycle and accessories combined)
- If your bicycle is older or more expensive, please contact us to discuss your options.
Additional conditions for electric bikes:
- Auxiliary electric motor-powered pedal assist is limited to 45 km/hour
- E-bikes may not be ridable without pedalling
This insurance does not cover bicycles that you rent out or lend in the course of business.
What requirements must your bicycle meet to be insured against theft?
- To prevent bicycle theft, we require the use of an ART approved bicycle lock (category 2 or higher) or a 'sold secure' bicycle lock, gold/silver type.
- On public roads or in other
places accessible to the public, you must always secure your
bicycle to an immovable object with one of the above locks.
This may also be another bicycle or a car. In a locked location it
is sufficient to lock your bicycle.
What we reimburse
- We offer you a twelve-month purchase price guarantee. During that period, we will compensate the sum insured* for your bicycle without making any deductions for wear and tear. As from the 13th month, we'll apply a wear and tear percentage of 1% per month.
- If not just the bicycle but also your bicycle helmet is damaged, we will provide compensation of up to 125 euros for it.
- The deductible, the amount you pay
yourself, depends on the type of bicycle.
- For city bicycles and electric bicycles (with a maximum speed of 25 km/h) the deductible is 50 euros
- For speed pedelecs, MTBs, racing
bicycles or other bicycles the deductible is 10% of the insured
damage with a minimum of 50 euros
* What is the sum insured?
The amount to be insured consists of the price actually paid (= invoice price incl. VAT), plus the price of any additional accessories such as a saddle bag, bicycle trailer or bicycle seat. Damage to accessories not included in the sum insured are covered free of charge up to an amount of 300 euros.
Good to know
KBC Bicycle Insurance is a form of non-life insurance and assistance insurance. It includes all-risk cover for your bicycle including bicycle roadside assistance in collaboration with VAB.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and is tacitly renewed unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the main renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the
first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no
agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management,
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 or + 32 78 15 20 45
(charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable
solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman
service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000
This does not affect your legal rights.
Please go to www.kbcbrussels.be, KBC Brussels Touch, KBC Brussels Mobile or contact your Insurance Expert to get a KBC Bicycle Insurance policy quote.
KBC Bicycle Insurance is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979)
Member of the KBC Group
Your bicycle may be properly insured, but what about you?
The KBC Bicycle Insurance covers you against theft of and damage to your bicycle along the way. With our family insurance and accident insurance you yourself are also well insured on your bicycle.
- Your family insurance covers your third-party liability. That way you are insured if you cause loss or damage to another individual with your bicycle.
personal accident insurance also provides compensation for the
expenses that your health insurance and hospitalisation insurance
don't cover following an accident.