KBC Life Insurance is a temporary guaranteed-interest life insurance (class 21) that comes into force in the event of your death. If the insured dies due to sickness or an accident before the final maturity date, a sum will be paid out to the insured's loved ones to cover any financial shortfall or inheritance taxes.
Free sum insured
You can choose the sum insured freely (at least 12,500 euros) to suit your own situation.
Adapted to your needs
You can adapt the capital to your changing needs during the contract.
Financial security for your loved ones
You protect your loved ones against the financial consequences of your death.
What is KBC Life Insurance?
You can choose the sum insured freely (at least €12,500). You can adapt the capital to your changing needs during the contract, but medical acceptance may be required in this case.
- KBC Life Insurance uses so-called risk premiums. The premium evolves with the insured's age.
- The premiums can be paid monthly or annually. Monthly payments are carried out by direct debit.
- In the name of one party: if the insured dies before the contract's final maturity date, a sum that has been agreed in the contract will be paid out to the beneficiary.
- In the name of two parties: if one of both insured parties dies before the contract's final maturity date, the sum will be paid out to the surviving party.
New deposits by natural persons officially residing in Belgium are
subject to a 2% insurance tax.
Medical acceptance (short questionnaire) up to a sum insured of €50,000. Extra acceptance may apply if the capital is increased.
What is not insured?
As with any insurance policy, there are exclusions, such as
- Death by suicide of the insured in the first year of the contract. Euthanasia is covered, however
- Death of the insured as a consequence of an act of violence or active participation in events of war
More things you need to know
- KBC Life Insurance is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Term: to be decided freely with a minimum of 10 years. The standard final maturity date is the policyholder's 60th birthday.
- The tax treatment may change in the future, and depends on your individual circumstances. Your intermediary will be glad to give you bespoke advice in this respect.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact in the case of questions and complaints you may have. If you have any complaints, please contact email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free) or contact the Belgian Insurance Ombudsman, de Meeûsplantsoen 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a quote or calculate the premium for KBC Life Insurance, do not hesitate to contact your Insurance Expert.
KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium – VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB – insurance company belonging to the KBC Group and licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).