Have you been admitted to hospital? You will have a hefty bill to pay afterwards, and hospital admissions also come with a good deal of paperwork. Using an AssurCard can greatly simplify both the administration and the payment.
What is the AssurCard?
- The AssurCard simplifies the administrative and financial trouble caused by a hospital admission.
- The AssurCard comes as standard with every KBC Hospitalisation Insurance taken out after 2001, though it is not always included with older policies.
- The AssurCard looks like a bank card and fits perfectly inside your wallet or purse.
- Each insured family member will receive their own card.
- You can also look up your AssurCard number under 'My claims' when making a claim through KBC Brussels Assist.
What are the benefits of the AssurCard?
You don't pay anything to the hospital yourself on admission. KBC Brussels pays your admission invoices directly (third-party payment system).
The only amount you pay to KBC Brussels is your chosen deductible (the amount of the costs that you want to pay yourself), as well as any non-insured costs such as telephone charges, beverages, toiletries (e.g. shampoo or soap) and non-accepted fees.
I've lost my AssurCard. What should I do?
How does the AssurCard work?
You can submit your claim on KBC Brussels Assist (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or by phoning the Hospitalisation call centre on 0800 90 068 (on business days between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.).
Show your AssurCard or give your AssurCard number (which can be found on KBC Brussels Assist under 'My claims') at the hospital admissions desk.
The hospital invoice is sent to KBC Brussels and we pay it in full.
What if you have other medical costs relating to your admission that
were incurred during the pre- and post-treatment period specified in
your policy conditions? Please send these (preferably all together) to
our Hospitalisation Claims Settlement department
(R. Van Overstraetenplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remember to always mention your file number (your identifier).
We will deduct the costs and send you a letter to explain our calculations.