For what purposes can you apply for an instalment loan?
KBC Brussels has an instalment loan to suit every dream, even if you’re not a client with us yet.
- For personal reasons
- To buy a car
- To buy a bicycle, motorcycle or motor home
- For your home
- To cover unforeseen expenses
- Relating to your car or house, for instance.
How much can I borrow?
When and how do I repay my loan?
If you take out your loan at a KBC Brussels branch, we will work out together how you repay the loan. That could be in equal monthly instalments, equal monthly repayments of principal, a lump-sum repayment of principal, monthly interest payments, and so on.
If you take out the loan via our website, KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile, the only way to pay it back is in equal monthly instalments. Repayment begins one month after you've received the borrowed amount.
What are the minimum and maximum terms for an instalment loan?
It depends on the type of repayment schedule you choose.
- Equal monthly instalments or equal monthly repayments of principal
- Minimum: 6 months
- Maximum: 120 months, but the term can also be shorter (e.g., 12 months for annually recurring expenses)
- Lump-sum repayment of principal at maturity and monthly interest payments
- Minimum: 3 months
- Maximum: 60 months
- Lump-sum repayment of principal and payment of interest at maturity
- Minimum: 3 months
- Maximum: 12 months
Visit your KBC Brussels branch or contact KBC Brussels Live for the specific terms and conditions of your loan.
Can I apply for an instalment loan online?
Can I repay an instalment loan early?
Yes, you can. It can be repaid early either in full or in part. To do so, contact your KBC Brussels branch. Please note that you will need to pay a reinvestment fee.
I’m not a KBC Brussels client: can I apply for an instalment loan too?
Yes you can. You don’t need to have a current account with us to apply for an instalment loan.
Are there any administrative or origination fees on an instalment loan?
No, aside from the interest, we do not make any additional charges.
Can I claim my car loan against my tax?
If you have opted to declare your actual professional costs, you can claim the interest on your car loan against your tax.
Green car loan
- Calculate your green car loan and apply for it online
- Borrow at a keen interest rate, whether or not you’re already a client at KBC Brussels
- Contribute to a more liveable world