Prevent storm damage
Storms or strong winds can cause a lot of bother and damage, so it pays to be prepared. Count the number of seconds between seeing lightning and hearing thunder to get an idea of how far away a storm is and how long you still have before it arrives. Every three seconds is roughly equivalent to one kilometre.
Did you know that Kate can also help you submit a claim?
Have damage to your home and want to file a claim? Tell Kate: ‘I want to file a claim’. You can find Kate, your digital assistant, in the top-right corner of KBC Brussels Mobile.
- Take patio furniture, bins, gardening tools and ornaments inside or secure them
- Close sunshades and put away parasols
- If you’re in the woods, seek shelter in a group of low trees and never stand under a tree standing on its own
- You are best protected in a car
- Don’t stand in front of an open window
- Unplug all electrical devices to prevent them being destroyed if lightning strikes
- Disconnect radio and TV cables
- Put your car in your garage or under your carport
Prevent hail damage
- Park your car in a garage or under a roof
- If you have to park your car outside, then protect it with a thick blanket
- Protect skylights with a thick blanket or old carpet
- Leave your pool cover open instead of closing it
Driving in a storm or hail storm
- Look for a safe, covered place and wait for the storm to pass
- If you cannot find shelter, then stop in a safe place and wait for the storm or hail storm to pass. This reduces the impact and damage.
1. File your claim using KBC Brussels Mobile and %%product.touch
1. Log in to %%product.mobilebanking%%
2. Tap ‘My KBC’ at the bottom of your screen
3. Scroll down to ‘Insurance’
4. Tap the insurance under which you want to claim
5. Tap ‘File insurance claims and we will help you’
6. File a new claim
KBC Brussels Touch
1. Log in to KBC Brussels Touch
2. Tap or click ‘Contact’
3. Select ‘File and follow up on your claim’
Tip! Storms, snow or hail imminent? Fear not. Get weather alerts on your phone with our KBC Brussels Mobile app. It also tells you how you can protect yourself and your property against bad weather conditions in advance. Forewarned is forearmed.