I’m going on holiday and I’m taking along ...
Going on holiday soon? If so, make sure that you are well prepared before you leave. No doubt, you've got your travel documents and your first aid kit ready. But have you sorted out your insurance? And how are you going to pay while you're away? Go through the KBC Brussels holiday checklist of everything you might need, so that you can enjoy a well-earned worry-free break!
- If you are heading off, we recommend you take out travel insurance
- You decide which options to include in the policy (luggage cover, cancellation cover, travel accident cover, etc.)
- You choose whether to arrange it for a single trip or the whole year
Insurance for driving on holiday
If you intend to drive when on holiday, you won't be able go out on the road without having third-party liability insurance. This insurance covers the damage you cause in an accident if you're at fault.
If you are leaving on holiday in your own car, it's a good idea to have more extensive cover.
- All risks or fully comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your own car, even if you're at fault
- Partial or semi-comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your own car caused by theft, glass breakage, forces of nature, fire or gnawing by pine martens
- Thanks to legal assistance insurance, you receive expert advice and legal assistance if you're involved in a claim
- Driver accident insurance covers physical injury resulting from an accident, even if you're at fault
- Thanks to road breakdown rescue service and assistance, your entire family will receive travel assistance worldwide, regardless of the means of transport used
Insurance to protect your family while on holiday
But what if you are involved in an accident abroad?
Paying in cash
If you prefer to use cash when you're away, we try to make things as easy as possible for you:
- Order your foreign currency in advance through KBC Brussels Touch or in your branch
- Use the Maestro facility on your debit card to withdraw cash
- Withdraw cash all over the world using your credit card or prepaid card
Convinced of the benefits of paying with plastic? It's as easy as one, two, three with your credit card or prepaid card.
Your credit card: the multi-purpose solution
Whether it's from the day you decide to go on holiday until the moment you return home, your KBC Brussels credit card is the ideal way to arrange and check all your payments.
- Before you leave: book your holiday in just a few minutes
- While travelling: pay tolls and fill up in seconds
- At your destination: pay using your card and PIN in shops, restaurants and care hire companies
- Back home: check your holiday expenditure in KBC Brussels Touch or KBC Brussels Mobile and stagger repayment of what you've spent on your card
Travel carefree with our apps
- Quickly check the available balance on your account or credit card during your trip at no extra charge with the KBC Brussels Mobile banking app
- When travelling outside Europe, activate your debit and/or credit card for worldwide use the easy way in KBC Brussels Mobile. If you prefer to pay in cash, order your foreign banknotes in KBC Brussels Touch
- If you are going on holiday in your own car, get the right assistance fast with KBC Brussels Mobile and KBC Brussels Touch should your vehicle break down or you have an accident.
Digital safe: key details at your fingertips at all times
- What is a digital safe?
- What do you store in your digital safe?
- How does it work?
A few more useful holiday tips
- Before you leave, gather together your travel documents, ID card, passport and/or visa, and keep a close eye on them when you are away
- Put together a first aid kit and always take your World Assistance Card from your health insurance fund
- If you intend to drive when on holiday, be sure to familiarise yourself with the traffic rules in the countries you are passing through and visiting
- For additional travel information, visit the FPS Foreign Affairs website